Bleached jeans are everywhere lately! I’m loving this look, except for the fact that I don’t want to add another pair of jeans to my already cramped closed. I own many dark jeans so I decided to get the bleached look with a pair of my J. Crew jeans. I wasn’t sure if this would work, but it was actually so much easier than I thought! Below are some pictures of my favorite style bloggers in bleached styles that I drew inspiration from:
To achieve this look all you need is: a pair of dark wash jeans, a bottle of bleach, a pair of rubber gloves, and a bathtub!
- Fill the tub with about 5 inches of water
- Pour the entire bottle of bleach into the tub and mix it into the water using gloved hands
- Lay your dry jeans into the tub, making sure to push them into the water until they’re soaked through
- I left my jeans in the bleach for 40 minutes, turning them over every 10 minutes (don’t forget to put your gloves back on before touching the jeans!)
- Drain the tub when the jeans have reached the desired color and rinse them in the bathtub a couple of times
- Toss the jeans in the washer and then the dryer after! *The jeans will probably smell like bleach for a few more washes
Below are the J. Crew toothpick jeans that I started out with, as well as the end result!